my 9 year old daughter is complaining of severe chest pain? she is not sick or hasn't falling.

Dr. Laura McMullen
The : The good news is that only a very small percent of chest pain in children is due to a cardiac cause even though it's the first thing you think of with an adult and chest pain. The most common causes in kids are: - musculoskeletal: usually from muscle strain of heavy lifting - costochondritits: pain from inflammation of the cartilage between the ribs and breastbone - precordial catch syndrome: a sharp, stabbing pain in the chest for a few seconds caused by a pinched nerve - gastroesophageal reflux disease: heart burn - asthma: chest pain typically associated with exercise - anxiety: chest pain related to stress or worrying the signs that chest pain in a child could be something more serious are: - chest pain with exercise - chest pain associated with an irregular heart beat or very fast heart beat - chest pain with dizziness or fainting - chest pain with difficulty breathing. If your child has any of the concerning symptoms above, call your child's doctor or go to the emergency room. Otherwise, just call your child's doctor during office hours for an appointment and evaluation of hr chest pain. Good luck!
Dr. Boris Aronzon
Anesthesiology 24 years experience
Pediatric : Take her to the pediatrician or children emergency room. Impossible to guess the cause without seeing the child.