My 4 yr old daughter woke up yesterday with a rash on her neck, and when she woke up this morning it was all over her ches/belly the rash looks like very small bumps really close together, they are probably like 3-4 times smaller than goose bumps and the

Dr. Jennifer McHugh
It : It is very difficult to determine the cause of the rash without examining the rash in person. While there are many possibilities, dry skin can be the cause of the rash you are describing; however, strep can also cause a "sandpaper" rash, which is flesh colored and is felt more than it is seen. I would recommend that she be seen by a physician, especially if she has been acting sick in anyway.
Unsure of cause: This rash would likely need to be examined and more history obtained to be able to provide you with useful input about the diagnosis or possible treatment.

Last updated Oct 29, 2018