A male asked:

what causes the ball of my one foot to have a burning sensation? my foot often feels like a burning feeling on the ball of my foot. touching it does not give off any heat on my hand. i was driving the other day when it started burning and i thought my

3 doctor answers
Dr. Mary Engrav
30 years experience Emergency Medicine
There : There are several possibilities for this such as morton's neuroma which is basically a nerve that has enlarged. Morton's neuroma does not hurt when when you touch it. It could also be plantar fasciitis but that is usually more near the heel. There are treatments for both. Please be seen medically for this. If you have increased pain, fever, redness or new complaints then you would need to be seen as an emergency.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Henry Tseng
25 years experience Podiatry
Neuroma: Burning in the ball of the foot is indicative of a neuroma, inflamed nerve from irritation from tight and narrow shoes or trauma to forefoot. Treatment usually is reducing the swelling in the nerve: ice, elevating the foot, Motrin or even a steroid injection into the swollen nerve in the foot. An x-ray can be taken to rule out stress fracture. Burning can also be neuropathy if you have diabetes.
Answered on Apr 21, 2018
3
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
37 years experience Podiatry
Neuroma: Most likely you have a morton's neuroma which is a nerve usually between 3 rd and 4 th metatarsal. Many treatment options are available.
Answered on Apr 5, 2016