what is the difference between breathing loudly and snoring?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 27 years experience
Ask your partner: There may be no difference to your bed partner if it is keeping them up! snoring is usually caused by the palate and uvula vibrating in the back of your throat. Noisy breathing could be related to nasal issues like allergies, a deviated septum or enlarged turbinates.
Dr. Stephen Carstensen
Dentistry 38 years experience
Not much difference: Both breathing loudly and snoring are signs that the air is moving through too small of a passage - the energy required makes the tissue vibrate, causing snoring sounds, or make some sort of sound, called 'heavy breathing'. You may also have sleep apnea. Ask some questions to your doctor or dentist - having a sleep test will tell if you have a serious medical problem.
Dr. Mike Deldar
Cosmetic Dentistry 24 years experience
Snoring: Is vibration of muscles and ligament due to obstruction. Heavy snoring can be also indication of sleep apnea since you try to force the air in and out. Try to have consult with sleep physician.