Brain cancer hello, i am a 16 year old girl and someone brought to my attention that i may have a brain tumor. i have been getting very bad head aces in the back of my head from my ear down mostly on the left side, but sometimes my right, i get these hea

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 32 years experience
I : I am so sorry that you have not been feeling well, and now that you are feeling stressed by this. I do think you should see a doctor, but it is unlikely that you have anything bad. But the safest thing to do when you have symptoms that are concerning is to have a medical evaluation. Please tell your parents about your symptoms immediately; they will want to help you. And please see a doctor who can do an evaluation.
Dr. Abhineet Chowdhary
Neurosurgery 19 years experience
Not likely a tumor: At your age, and in general, brain tumors are a very rare cause of headaches. If your headaches persist, see you pediatrician and they can order a ct scan of your head if they have any concerns.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016