Does a normal ekg and normal blood test mean my heart is okay? i'm a sixteen year old female , over weight . bad anxiety i always think something is wrong with my health. i now think i have a heart problem , but the er and the doctor says it's just my anx

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Your : Your anxiety could definitely be causing your heart to race (palpitations) if an ekg was done and the correct blood tests were done, then your heart is probably ok. However, it might be wise to see your primary care provider because often times the er only does limited testing. For example a thyroid test should have been done, and it's possible that it was not done in the er . Your doctor will be able to thoroughly go over your symptoms with you and order all the appropriate studies to make sure you are in good health. If in fact the anxiety is the cause of your symptoms, there are treatment options that will help you deal with this issue and hopefully result in a decrease in your physical symptoms. On the other hand if any other medical issues are found in addition to your anxiety, those will also be addressed. Good luck.

Answered 3/8/2018

5.4k views

Anxiety: Given your age, a typical work up like the one i assume you have had based on what you have mentioned, anxiety is a high likelihood for feeling of increased heart rate or even panic like symptoms that feel like chest pain, shortness of breath and makes you feel like you are having a heart attack. However, it is important to continue to be cautious and monitor your symptoms.

Answered 3/28/2014

5k views

Normal for age: These tests exclude any significant heart problem, which are rare at your age anyway. Common things are by definition common. Anxiety triggers indigestion & that pain is often centered just beneath your heart. It is also aggravated by poor sleep, caffeine or nicotine, chocolate, carbonated beverages, etc. You may feel better if you avoid any caffeinated products, don't lay down for 1 hr after meal

Answered 10/12/2017

579 views