deep finger cut treatment? i cut my finger deeply yesterday while cutting hair with shears. i was advised by my educator to use super glue but all i own is wood glue and i have no time or money to go see a doctor... what are your recommendations?

Dr. Francis Dysarz
Hand Surgery 29 years experience
Ideally, : Ideally, a cut should be washed out and, if deep, sutured within 12 hrs of the injury. Don't glue it if you're past that, because you could be sealing infection in. Super glue or dermabond do a terrible job of keeping finger wounds closed, anyway. The wound should be washed twice a day, have neosporin ointment applied to it, and bandaged at this point. If you have numbness out past the wound or the finger doesn't move properly, you need to see a hand surgeon for an evaluation, not a medical or er doctor, who will just send you to a hand specialist anyhow. It sounds like you work with your hands for a living, so you had better make the effort to take care of them as best as possible, and that includes this wound. Fd.
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 29 years experience
Crazy glue: It's great if the skin looks clean, dry and not red. Always a concern about infection, so I would clean the area with peroxide and apply antibiotic ointment. If all fine next day with no redness or discharge, you can try the crazy glue. If the wound looks deep and bleeding should be seen by doctor.