Does tumescent liposuction give the best results, as compared to other liposuction techniques? i've been reading a lot about the different types of liposuction and it's all quite confusing! i really want to find a procedure that can help me with my flabby

7 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Francisco Agullo answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Plastic Surgeon: You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. He will be able to guide you as to which procedure is best for you. I use tumescent, vaser, and laser (smartlipo) liposuction techniques. I think that smartlipo is great for the arms, neck, and abdomen. Vaser is great for the back and breast. Tumescent liposuction is great for all the other areas. An experienced surgeon is best.

Answered 7/14/2013

5.4k views

Dr. Azita Madjidi answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

Tumescence : Tumescence refers to the amount of fluid injected before starting liposuction in relation to the amount taken out. All kinds of liposuction techniques use tumescence to minimize blood loss. It has nothing to do with it being traditional lipo, ultrasonic, vaser, power assisted or laser. Most well trained plastic surgeons use tumescence.

Answered 2/13/2013

5.3k views

Dr. Tom Pousti answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Be Careful!: Your description of “flabby” body parts makes me wonder whether you are a candidate for liposuction surgery. This procedure is indicated for patients with diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue along with good quality overlying skin elasticity. Without this elasticity, patients may be left with loose skin/irregularities. Seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons. Best wishes.

Answered 7/14/2013

5k views

Dr. Shlomo Widder answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

No: Don't choose a tool or technique for your surgery but rather the surgeon.It is the end result that counts. So, for your liposuction procedure, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and check the before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results.

Answered 6/20/2015

4.9k views