Can a twin be mistaken for a yolk sac? when pregnant and having an ultrasound at 8 weeks could it be possible to mistake twin for a yolk sac. i am bigger then my last prenancy and feel different a lot more growing pains at such early stage of pregnancy

Dr. Ian Taras
I : I would say that your symptoms will not be relevant to whether or not it is possible (sorry) because it is possible, though at 8 weeks not probable, for this to be the case. I would expect the potential to be much higher from 5-7 weeks. Ask the doc who did the ultrasound and share your concerns. Best, it ;-).
Dr. Georgianne Snowden
35 years experience
Not likely: By 8 weeks, a twin pregnancy will show two fetal poles by good quality ultrasound. If you are overly concerned then a repeat ultrasound at 12-18 weeks may reassure you, especially if you are having unusual pain. Sooner if pain is truly unusual.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016