B-12 shots? what are the health benefits to b-12 injections, and is this something i can give myself? my wife and i are trying to lose weight through a balanced diet and regular exercise, but we have two young daughters and are full time students. we are

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. David Serlin answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

B-12 : B-12 injections are only indicated for a specific medical condition called pernicious anemia, whereby the body can't adequately absorb vitamin b12. For healthy people with a normal diet, B12 injections won't do anything. I think you are doing the right thing with a balanced diet and exercise. As a father of 2 young daughters myself, i can sympathize with your feelings of fatigue. I think that is the nature of being busy parents. I think carving out at least 7 hours of sleep per night is important for most people. However, seeing your physician to rule out other causes of fatigue is worthwhile once...Things like hypothyroidism, anemia, low vitamin d, etc.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.4k views

Dr. Chuck Shaffer answered

Specializes in Bariatrics

If you : If you eat a balanced diet ..Low in carbs excercise..And take a multivit you should not need them have your md check your levels then make a wise decision.

Answered 8/27/2013

5.3k views