U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old member asked:

Does mold in your house make you feel sick?

3 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Chong Kim
Internal Medicine 28 years experience
Yes: You can develop allergic lung disease to the mold, and eventually can lead to chronic illness.
Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine 18 years experience
Although having mold in your house does not mean you will get sick - but you would be much better off getting it out of there than waiting to find out.
Dec 26, 2011
Dr. Spyros Smith
Hospital-based practice 25 years experience
Sometimes: It depends on the type of mold and your immune system's response to it.
Dr. Hesham Hassaballa
Pulmonary Critical Care 23 years experience
It can: Depending on how your body reacts to the mold, it can make you sick.
Last updated Dec 14, 2014

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.