A member asked:

Someone in my household used a sponge i use to clean mold in the bathroom on my dishes. i cooked and eat from the pot they washed before finding this out. could i get sick? also if i washed the said dishes with white vinegar would it kill the mold?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Hunter Handsfield answered

Specializes in Infectious Disease

No risk, no worry: Household molds are only an occasional health risk -- far less than all the media stories and online websites would suggest. And in any case, swallowing molds or mold spores is no risk at all; when molds are a problem, it comes from inhaling the spores.

Answered 12/19/2020

18 views

Thank

Related Questions