Is it possible to get tongue cancer from sucking on tea bags?

Dr. Daniel Sampson
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 27 years experience
Unlikely: There has never been any study that I am aware of that would link tea to cancer.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
Not normally : I have seen some articles referring to a possible link with a chemical used in the manufacture of the bags. I see no reason to suck on the bags and would not recommend it. If you have some compulsion, speak to your physician. Here is one of the links to read about it: http://www.Healthytheory.Com/green-tea-may-fight-cancer-but-tea-bags-may-cause-it.