what medical care will i need after i have the baby?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Depends: It depends on what medical problems you have and what problems you developed in pregnancy. For instance if you develop gestational diabetes than your chances of developing full blown diabetes is 50%.
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Postpartum: If you have uncomplicated delivery, you will be seen at 6 weeks after deliver to make sure you have healed up well. Some docs prefer to see their patients 2 weeks postpartum especially if sutures were placed.
Dr. John Munshower
Depends: If c-section, you will need some time to convalesce and let the suture site heal. If normal vaginal delivery, you may just need some well deserved rest. Good luck.