whenever i talk to someone a lot of saliva starts to accumulate at my tongue and at the tip of the tongue. it irritates me a lot while speaking because i can't speak and pronounce the words properly. kindly tell me what's the best treatment?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Malaika Witter Hewitt
22 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Take your time: It is likely that you are not pausing enough during speech, which would allow you to swallow your saliva. You may benefit from soeech therapy if it becomes an intrusive problem.
Answered on Jan 5, 2013
2
Dr. Marc Newman
9 years experience Dentistry
No treatment: Producing a lot of saliva is a good thing so i would not recommend to reduce your saliva production. Try to speak slower so that when you feel it accumulating you can easily swallow. If you're having trouble pronouncing words or speaking in general you may want to consult a speech pathologist. They might have better exercises you can follow.
Answered on Nov 28, 2017
1
3
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Good advice!
Jul 12, 2013