Birmingham, AL

i stab my palm of my hand. close to the pinky(lt) now my pinky feels like pins in it but i receive the tecnis shot n stiches..wht can this be?

Dr. David Tuckman
Hand Surgery 23 years experience
Cut Nerve: It sounds like you cut a nerve in your finger. I would see a hand surgeon this week for possible surgical repair.
Dr. Barry Press
Plastic Surgery 44 years experience
Maybe nerve injury: It is possible that you injured a digital nerve (that supplies sensation to the little finger.) repair is not an emergency, so i would wait for a week to 10 days to see if the feeling returns (the nerve may just be bruised but not cut.) if not, you should see a hand surgeon and have the nerve repaired by 3 weeks after the injury.