why do the bottoms of my feet itch so badly? it is a deep itch inside my foot, but horrible. no red skin or rash. not scaley. thanks!

2 doctor answers
Dr. Randy Lisch
37 years experience Podiatry
Nerve problem: This is most likely due to a nerve irritation under the skin. There are multiple causes for this and seeing your podiatrist would help by getting you on the right medication to stop the itching and burning.
Answered on Jul 8, 2018
5
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
Likely cause is: Athletes foot or fungus. The first thing i would recommend is an antifungal cream. It is important for you to refrain from scratching. One doesn't have to see fungus for it to be there.
Answered on Mar 20, 2018