I am experiencing foot itching and toe inflammation. the following also describe me: foot redness, toe swelling, and skin rash. what should i do? it has been itching since last night. i went hiking but no one else got itchy feet.

Dr. Christopher Cirino
Infectious Disease 23 years experience
?athlete's foot: You could consider a trial of athlete's foot spray (usually lotrimin or tinactin spray) which are active against yeasts,e.g. Candida albicans. It is a moist environment that allows for growth of these fungi on the skin of the feet. Give it a try for the next few days and determine if it settles down. Otherwise, see a physician.

Last updated Sep 19, 2020