Philippines

I feel bitter taste in my mouth for 2 weeks, i take prevacid (lansoprazole) because i had a gerd..what do i have it?

Dr. Eleanor Host
30 years experience
More GERD: The most likely cause of bitter taste is acid reflux. The Prevacid (lansoprazole) may not be working as well. You could try switching to prilosec. If that doesn't help in few weeks, you should see a doctor.
Dr. Felicia Mata
Cosmetic Dentistry 26 years experience
Bitter taste: Some oral medication has aspartame. Medicine have some side effects but if it is helping your GERD and the side effects are tolerable till the last pill was taken as prescribed, the benefits outweighs the side effects.
Last updated Mar 2, 2016