NC

should i be concerned of a 126 fasting giucose level?

Dr. Arabinda Behura
Hospital-based practice 11 years experience
Yes: A reading above 126 mg/dl is the threshold at which diabetes is diagnosed. Have a discussion with your physician.
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Should follow-up: Most of the foods you consume is metabolized/changed into sugar (glucose) for body to use (similar to oil refining to gas u use for cars), but the sugar level is nicely regulated to about 60-100 in fasting state. When body can't keep it to this range and it is constantly/mostly high above 125 fasting, it is defined as diabetes. There are other ways to diagnosis diabetes. Consult doc. Good luck.