U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old member asked:

I'm 24, moody and a non-insulin diabetic. my blood sugar reading doesn't come below 230 after eating. what can i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Family Medicine 25 years experience
Diabetic specialist: Diabetes is a very difficult illness to treat because it requires u to take care of it every day. I would recommend seeing a diabetic educator and/or reconsult your doc for further evaluation, or even seeing an endocrinologist. Continuous glucose monitoring is available and Insulin pump can help reduce #of shots etc. There are many options now--where there is a will, there is a way. You can do it!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 25, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.