How longt does it take to schedule a breast reduction procedure?

7 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Liawaty Ho answered

Specializes in Hematology and Oncology

Depends: Please discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Will depend on how quick the surgeon will schedule you. I don't think your insurance will cover for this procedure. However, if this is covered - that will then also depend on how quick you get the authorization from your insurance company-in addition to the surgeon's avalability.

Answered 9/28/2016

5.5k views

Dr. Cosme Manzarbeitia answered

Specializes in Surgery

Not long: But it's mostly not covered by insurance. So if there's a need to pay outside insurance that may delay the procedure.

Answered 11/11/2012

5.5k views

Dr. John Di Saia answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Depends: This depends upon the surgeon's schedule and whether or not you need any preparatory work such as medical clearance from your doctor. It can also depend on the surgery center schedule. In my practice this can take a few weeks at times.

Answered 5/4/2015

5.5k views

Dr. Tom Pousti answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Depends on Situation: Generally, it may take several weeks or longer to schedule breast reduction surgery. Much will depend on the plastic surgeon's schedule as well as other factors such as insurance company involvement and/or medical workup necessary etc. Most patients find the wait worthwhile, given that breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations performed.

Answered 4/6/2013

5.2k views