NJ

Does a mammo check the armpit area? i am 33 and recently had a mammo to check some lumps in breast...turned out to be fine, however the past 2 weeks ii feel like there is a lump under my left armpit...i am due for my period in a few days and also feel li

Dr. Edward Jacobs
See MD: Nothing substitutes for an exam by your doctor. You should see him/her asap. Breast tissue may occur in the armpit area. Just ask any nursing mom. So a careful clinical exam of this area is very important...
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 34 years experience
A mammogram: may include a portion of the armpit(i.e. axilla) tissue, but it is certainly not most of it. If you feel an armpit lump, you should see your clinician to have it checked out.
Last updated Oct 22, 2018