A member asked:

I am 18 years old(female) and have bad night terrors and wake up with racing heart.no traumatic experience/medication. what's the problem? help?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Alan Ali answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Possible panic attacks during sleep, or a sleep disorder. Recommend first evaluation by neurologist for sleep studies, then if all normal, referral to psychiatry to explore tx for anxiety issues.

Answered Sep 28, 2016



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Jonathan Nehrer answered

Specializes in Child Psychiatry

Hard to say here on line, find a good psychologist or psychiatrist who work in a team and get some good answers for yourself.

Answered Nov 6, 2012



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor