U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old member asked:

What do i do for someone who has ganglion cysts and is suffering from swollen feet?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Wendy Siegel
Podiatry 20 years experience
See your podiatrist.: Swollen feet and ganglion cysts are possibly two separate diagnoses. Swollen feet must be evaluated because they can have many causes including kidney and heart problems. If a ganglion cyst is painful it can be treated by removing the gel like fluid inside, but they often recur. A more definitive treatment is to remove them at the source, which is within a joint. This must be done with surgey.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Eric Bluman
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 24 years experience
Find the cause 1st: There may be many treatments for swollen feet. However, the more important question is why they are swollen. I would recommend that you be seen by an orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon if your primary care physician cannot find the cause of the swollen ankles.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.