i don't want to go to the doctors and say nothing is wrong. my foot is swollen and so is my ankle. can put pressure on it. walkingboot and crutches?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin answered
29 years experience Geriatrics
Go see your doctor: If your foot & ankle are swollen, something's wrong. The good news is that you can put pressure on it so it's less likely to be broken. We typically recommend rice: rest, ice, compression & elevation to help w/injuries. But you didn't mention injury, pain, fever or redness. Fever & redness would make me think of infection which is dangerous. Crutches might be useful if you're dealing w/pain.
Answered on Apr 1, 2019
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
You already : Stated you were hurt in a cheerleading accident so why would they say nothing is wrong? You need x-rays to evaluate the extent of your injury.
Answered on Mar 15, 2014
1