ca

I managed to breastfeed my baby for 11 weeks, im worried her immune system is not strong. do formula fed babies get ill more often? :(

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Allergy and Immunology 45 years experience
In the 3rd world : Breastfeeding for 11 weeks is great providing your infant with adequate amounts of antibodies to line the intestine & combat viral infections that cause vomiting & diarrhea. While pregnant you transferred antibodies to your infant that will provide protection for the first 6 months of life. If your child is healthy & growing then there's nothing wrong with the immune system. Enjoy your new one.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.