Braintree, MA

doctor said i have skin cancer in the eye lid , after 4 surgerys .& freezing it's moving i have an open ulcer below my eye brow it's in the bone

Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 56 years experience
Likely Basal cell Ca: You have most likely basal cell carcinoma locally invasive , do not spread like melanoma squamous cell ca probably localized to skin only other wise you might have surgical excision. With this presumption don't worry it will heal.
Dr. Richard Orr
Dr. Richard Orr commented
Surgical Oncology 44 years experience
I respectfully disagree with part of this answer. It probably is basal cell, but multiple recurrences in a very sensitive area are very problematic. Most surgeons have little or no experience with eyelid surgery and there is a fine line between moving enough and creating a serious disability in this area. Moh's has been shown to decrease recurrence, but not eliminate it. Depending on what has already been done - this could require a significant excision and complex reconstruction.
Nov 25, 2012
Dr. Richard Orr
Surgical Oncology 44 years experience
Specialist: This is a very serious problem! you need to be seen at a center that specializes in this. You may need a surgical oncologist, moh's surgeon, and plastic surgeon that thoroughly knowledgable in this area. There are several excellent facilities in the boston area - for example mass eye and ear.