is microdermabrasion safe in pregnancy?

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 21 years experience
Can Be: If you are getting a "dry micro" without any active products used, then i may be ok. You also need to pay attention to body positioning as you get closer to full term. Best to check with your specific md's as they will know more about your specific situation. Happy pregnancy!
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dermatology 37 years experience
Microdermabrasion: There shouldn't be a risk with microdermabrasion and pregnancy, but you could keep it very safe by having the diamond paddle microdermabrasion rather than the "sand blasting" technique.
Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine 27 years experience
Microderm safe: In pregnancy you can not penetrate the top layer of skin, the epidermis. So they few cosmetic treatments you can have are microderm and superficial chemical peels that do not penetrate through the epidermis. All lasers and injectables are contraindicated in pregnancy. Skin care products with salicyclic acid, retin-a, & hydroquinone need to be avoided.
Dr. Lisa Kates
Dermatology 26 years experience
Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion is one of the procedures that does not have any contraindications during pregnancy. So go ahead and enjoy! if you plan to have any chemical peels combined with the procedure there are several that are not safe in pregnancy so please check with your ob/gyn in advance.