Is my body temperature low at 98?

Dr. Sanjay Agarwal
Pulmonology 26 years experience
No: It is well within the normal parameters from 97-99.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Temp.: Your temperature is way within the norm. Does it fluctuate at different times of the day, or go above 100 or below 96?. If not, u r ok.

Why is my body temperature low after ovulating?

Dr. Michael Fox
Fertility Medicine 34 years experience
Unknown: Bbt or basal body temperature is an inaccurate way to follow ovulation. In our experience it adds a great deal of stress. If the pattern is normal it highly correlates with ovulation but if it's not it surely doesn't mean that you are not ovulating. If you have 28 day regular cycles you are 98% certain that you have normal ovulation.

If my TSH tests are normal, why is my body temperature low?

Dr. Andrew Oswari
T3 (liothyronine), (liothyronine) T4 or reverse T3 (liothyronine): Even though the TSH may be nml, you could still clinically be suffering from hypothyroidism. You should get a few more tests if you have the symptoms ipof hypothyroidism.

Human body temperature can be how low and still be fine?

Dr. Lester Thompson
Pathology 33 years experience
95-96: As long as it is not a rapid drop, you can live with a lower body temperature that 98.6 and be just fine. It is like heart rate and breathing. My normal heart rate is 45-55, but if my mom had that, she would be in the icu. As long as it is gradual and your norm, it is fine.