U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 46-year-old member asked:

Could anyone recommend any 'good' support groups/websites for relatives of sufferers of vascular dementia?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology 17 years experience
See below: You can use this website as a starting point. They have a resoure locator and info on vascular dementia http://www.Alzinfo.Org/resource-locator good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Maureen Nash
Geriatric Psychiatry 26 years experience
NIH and NIA: Have good websites. The Alzheimer's Association and the Alzheimer's Foundation of America also have websites and support groups depending on where you live. There are also online support groups. These groups often help families with all types of dementia.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 45-year-old member asked:
Can a person with vascular dementia ever get better?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
What can be done to reduce the risks of vascular dementia getting worse?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 53-year-old female asked about a 82-year-old female:
What stage does 16 mean for vascular dementia? My aunt's slum test was 16. What does this mean?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 39-year-old member asked:
How beneficial is oxygen for vascular dementia?
3 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
Are there any drugs specifically for vascular dementia patients?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Dec 13, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.