NC

Im in my 3rd trimester & have been experiencing increased pain in my pelvic & hip bones. my dr says this is normal, but how can i ease the pain?

Dr. Barbara Coulter-Smith
Pregnagncy belt: This pain is common, caused by the joints being more lax in pregnancy and not easy to relieve. Some patients find wearing a pregnancy belt helps because it stabilizes the pelvic bones. Also stretching, yoga, tylenol, (acetaminophen) ice and heat may help. You may wear the belt at night also or prop lots of pillows around and between your legs and hips. Hang in there...Pregnancy only seems like forever!

Last updated Jul 4, 2015