I had a ct scan of my pelvis for a right side mass. the ct scan said everything was normal. i can feel a 10 cm mass above my right hip bone. what can ?

Dr. Elise Sadoun
See your doctor: If you feel a mass, but your doctor didn't feel it, and it didn't show up on ct, then there probably is no mass. You might be feeling some internal organ of some type. If you are concerned, return to your doctor. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. John Munshower
Be persistent: Continue to have the area evaluated if you definitely feel a mass there. Follow up with you pcp and have them feel the area you can feel. The good news is the ct was normal, but maybe an ultrasound or another test can discern what mass you have if any. Either way, get another evaluation to determine exactly what, if any, lesion you have. Best wishes.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Exam: Has a physician examined you and also palpated an abnormal mass? If so then perhaps an MRI would be recommended.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
If the Ct scan is normal, there is no mass.
Feb 21, 2014
Last updated Mar 12, 2020