Short Hills, NJ

I have 4 spiculated lung nodules they are all about 2cm what are the chances of malignancy?

Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Pulmonary Critical Care 31 years experience
Could be high or low: Depending on their size, other tests that might be next (pet scan), your history and whether you smoked tobacco. It's good to see someone who specializes in evaluating lung nodules. Multiple nodules (of the sort you describe) are often benign, as solid tumors tend to be "lone", but rules of thumb are just that. Its best to see your doctor.
Dr. Nathaniel Evans III
Thoracic Surgery 19 years experience
It depends: Not all lung nodules are alike. The odds that nodules are cancer depends in the appearance and size of the nodule, the medical history of the patient, the smoking history of the patient, and how the nodule changes over time. Radiologists, pulmonary physicians and thoracic surgeons are best qualified to determine the risk that a particular nodule is cancer.
Dr. Michael Sanders
Pulmonology 16 years experience
High: Any spiculated lung nodule is worrisome. The larger they are, the more worrisome. At 2 cm each, I would be very concerned. I would contact your physician and be seen immediately for further work up.

Last updated Dec 14, 2020