U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old member asked:

I have spina bifida, arthritis in my knee, and pain from my tailbone down- should i exercise?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bryan Levey
Pediatrics 29 years experience
Everyone should: Do you want to have spina bifida, arthritis, and pain from the tailbone down, and be in lousy shape? Not exercising will make everything else worse. Confer with your doctor to make sure that the exercises you are doing are appropriate for your condition, respect your body's limits, back off when the exercise causes pain, and exercise. And don't forget to eat healthy too.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 19 years experience
See your doctor: You could have a host of issues that could cause your pain, could be bursitis, tendonitis, arthritis, ligament issues, meniscal injury, sciatica etc. So you may want to see an orthopedic pain specialist that can tell you what is going and help you with the latest treatments or exercise therapies available. You may want to consider stem cell therapy as well. Regenexx.Com
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 40-year-old member asked:
What is a good, vigorous exercise for someone suffering from arthritis in the right knee?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 40-year-old female asked about a 85-year-old female:
Patient on dialysis and fell down on knees. She has arthritis and she can hardly move her knee?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 31-year-old member asked:
What is a good exercise for a person with knee arthritis?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 46-year-old member asked:
Please describe a good vigorous exercise for someone with arthritis in the right knee?
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.