is it possible for a sciatica pain to be in the top of my thighs?

Dr. Jeffrey Glaser
Pain Management 25 years experience
Yes: Sciatica refers to compression of the roots of nerves that eventually make up the sciatic nerve. This most often happens at the l4-s1 levels in the spine. Typical "sciatica" will go down the back/outside portion of the thigh, outside portion of the lower leg, and often to the foot. If the pain is in both legs that would be more unusual from "sciatica", but not impossible.
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 31 years experience
Yes : Top front of thighs is pinching of the L4 nerve root back of thigh and buttocks is the top of siatica which can extend to the foot if pain is in front we no longer call it siatica. To be exact.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 17 years experience
Yes it is possible : The l2, L3 and L4 spinal nerves will cover the anterior thigh and lateral portion of the thigh above the knee. These are the levels that travel into the sciatic nerve to cause the sciatica.