United Kingdom (Great Britain)

I'm getting pain in the top of my left buttock when moving thats making my left leg ache down to my ankle. is this sciatica?

Dr. Jeff Durgin
Surgery 21 years experience
Sciatica: Yes the symptoms sound similar to sciatica. Sciatica usually resolves on its own within a couple days. If your symptoms persist this could be the sign of a bulging lumbar disc and you should seek medical attention for this. Also if you notice the neurologic changes such as motor deficits or loss of bowel or bladder function and seek immediate medical attention.
Dr. Diane Minich
Possibly: It sounds like a nerve irritation (possibly sciatica). Are there any other symptoms. See your doctor to confirm the diagnosis and treat it.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 18 years experience
Sounds like it: See a pain/spine specialist if you need help for options for treatment.
Last updated Feb 20, 2015