I am not pregnant. my knuckle hurts on back of hand, the 2 fingers in the middle of my right hand swells when i walk and is quite painful. why?

Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
Could be arthritis: You need an evaluation. There can be more than one reason to have the swelling you notice, one cause of which could be some type of arthritis. Swelling can occur for other reasons but it is not completely clear from your history with the other reasons could be. Your evaluation will help clarify the cause.
Dr. Randy Hauck
Hand Surgery 39 years experience
?Arthritis: Joint pain is usually arthritis. Hands often swell when dependent so it is common to notice swelling after walking. See a hand surgeon if the pain in the joints continues to be a problem.

Last updated Jul 15, 2013