Salt Lake City, UT

Went in for a ct scan the nurse went through my vein and they injected 10mls of the dye in my arm, it went very red and hot, 1 week later arm is numb?

Dr. Edward Smith
Neurology 55 years experience
Nerve problem: Drugs intended for intravenous usage can be toxic to local tissues if they are direct contact with tissues other than blood vessel lining. Since the median nerve is very close to the usual veins utilized for IV injections, it is quite likely that chemical nerve injury has occurred. Other consequences may also be present. See your physician.
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care 36 years experience
Iatrogenic problem: You should be seen by a wound specialist since the dye has affected some of the healthy tissue. Please seek help as soon as you can.

Last updated Mar 10, 2020