IL

I have a wbc of 9.88 and ana of 1:40 my dr. belives i have lupus due to this and body pain. she is referring me to a specialist do u think its lupus?

Dr. Pierre Moeser
Specializes in Rheumatology
Not specific: The WBC is normal. The low positive ANA is not helpful and cannot establish a diagnosis of lupus, especially in the face of a non-specific symptom such as body pain. Referral to rheumatologist is an excellent idea as there are many possible diagnoses.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 51 years experience
Need more info: There are multiple criteria that need to be met to diagnose lupus. Visit this site for Lupus diagnostic criteria: https://www.rheumtutor.com/diseases/systemic-lupus-erythematosus/
Last updated Jan 1, 2020