is it possible to catch pink eye from another person who only had an ear infection?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Rare but possible: The cold virus can be transferred to the eye from direct contact (touching an infected person or an object with the virus on it) or contact with airborne virus (from a sneeze or breath). Although it is unlikely for a viral ear infection to pass to someone's eye, the virus can last on surfaces for several hours. If they touch their ear, then you touch them, and then your eye, it is possible...
Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology 22 years experience
Pink: Possibly. Since pinkeye is often caused by a cold virus (adenovirus strain), that virus may cause both eye and ear infection. Keep your hands clean at all times, and do not rub your eyes...
Dr. John Goldenberg
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 29 years experience
No: Pink eye is viral and from contact with another individual with a viral conjunctivitis.
Dr. Ronald Achong
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 18 years experience
Great answer. I agree 100%
Dec 5, 2012