Madison, WV

I asked a ? on hear about numbness i've had in my face , neck ? arms , hands that switch sides and won't go away .. they said it could b a central nervous condition like ms . would this numbness b a stroke or heart problem that still is bothering me ? o

Dr. Bassam Amawi
Symp.can be related : Many things, for a poper diagnosesu do need to be seen by u pcp and he can refer u to specialist that can address u concern.
Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology 20 years experience
Some answers: It is true that MS and stroke may cause symptoms of facial or body numbness. They are often on one side only. Not all symptoms of numbness can be explained, unfortunately, but it is worth a try. If the symptom alternates the right and left sides, it is not clear what the cause is. A heart problem sometimes leads to stroke, but it does not cause problems of numbness.
Last updated May 20, 2016