Springfield, MO

I have pain in my big toe that hurts when i overuse it. i got it xrayed when i was younger. should i get it checked out?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Yes you should: Pain in the big toe if could have many reasons from having bunion or stress fracture to other problems, it is advisable to have it check out to what the problem and handle it early.
Dr. Helen Gray
Maybe. : If it is red and swollen and/or hot to touch definitely get it checked out. It could just be overuse and a strain in which case over the counter antiinflammatories would work. It could be other conditions like four or even an injury like a break.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
It certainly : Would not hurt to get it checked out and you would find out what is wrong instead of wondering.

Last updated Apr 1, 2019