Longmont, CO

14th wk preg, hv bacterial vaginosis, it recurred for the third time, i'm rlly worried bout baby, my doc prescribed me the same metronidazol ?

Dr. Alan Patterson
Hopefully: Your doc is sending it to a lab that can identify all the possible causes because there can be 6 differnet ones that can cause BV and many are resisitant to Metronidazole and in my pts often have to use Cleocin (clindamycin phosphate) vag supp or vag cream, you want to get rid of BV because sometimes it can cause premature rupture of membranes in the later 2nd or early 3rd trimes which is not good.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016