Cleveland, MO

i have had kidney cancer and just got a call from the lab that my blood platlets are high in the range of 514 could this mean the cancer is back?

Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
No: There are different CEA markers for different cancer that your oncologist will monitor you.Platelet increase does not mean that your cancer is back, some viral can cause PLT increase. Call your doctor and inquire about this. I am sure your oncologist will explain to you.
Dr. Rolando Rivera
Urology 25 years experience
You need more info: Thrombocytosis or platelet elevation can occur for many reasons other than cancer. You need to get retested and checked for all of the potential reasons. Talk to your urologist and get further evaluation.

Last updated Jul 4, 2015