whats the best way to detox and get off of drugs? i've went inpatient 2 times and been sent ers to hospitals atleast 11 times and i almost took over my life. i was on soma, xanax, vicoden, adderall. i went in a coma and my parent called 911, i woke up the

2 doctor answers
Dr. Edwin Schuller
NA or AA: There's no easy answer. The core belief is that the beginning of this journey to sobriety begins with you - that is, you have to want to stop before you die - and without a full blown miracle you will die. But you are that miracle. Believe in yourself, ask for help if you need it - aa and na are good choices not ers and humbly ask for help. You are worth saving.
Answered on Feb 21, 2014
10
Dr. Pamela Pappas
42 years experience Psychiatry
Detox?: Detox is only the first step, and it seems you've already been through this at least twice. You seem to have some very persistent addictions, and may or may not be staying involved with outpatient recovery programs after discharge. This is the hardest part -- but also the most ongoing thing that will save your life. The big question is: are you willing to stop using? If so, see your doctor.
Answered on Dec 9, 2013
1