I frequency have many ovarian cysts and am obese. a nurse said i have pcos, but my cycles are regular and fertility is fine. can it still be pcos?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Specializes in Endocrinology
Excessive hair?: Pcos is diagnosed when you have 2 out of the followings: irregular menstrual periods, cysts on ovaries, and/or excessive hair growth in a male pattern (face, neck, chest, back, toes, around belly button...). So far, all you have is cysts on ovaries. If you don't have excessive hair growth (known as hirsutism), then you don't have pcos (the syndrome).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Gayane Ambartsumyan
Fertility Medicine 21 years experience
Depends : There is a difference between pcos and pco. You probably have pco but not the syndrome. To have the syndrome you need to have either irregular periods (less frequent) and/or signs and symptoms of high male hormone levels in addition to pco.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016