Albania

Hi, im 28 years old and my rheumatologist is suspicious for psoriartic arthritis. both knee's are swelling and my spine hurts too. what do you think is it right ? and after inflamatory period will i get back to normal life?

Dr. Pierre Moeser
Specializes in Rheumatology
Sounds reasonable: It could be psoriatic arthritis (psa) but your doc will consider other diagnoses also. If it is psa, it is not a once-and-done disease like an infection. Psa is a chronic condition like hypertension that needs to be managed, not cured. The good news is that newer medications have been developed that often control the symptoms quite well.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 9, 2013