Plant City, FL

I fractured the bone on the outside of my right foot year ago. now it hurts to walk on the treadmill. it's it not healed by now?

Dr. Jason Boyer
Orthopedic Surgery 20 years experience
It's possible: When you have pain from an area that you previously fractured, it is possible that it has not healed, it is also possible that it healed with a different alignment and is now not able to take increased force. An xray and exam are the best ways to discover the reason you continue to have pain.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 51 years experience
You may: Need to follow up with your dr. It is possible you re injured the foot.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 30 years experience
Bone typically : Takes 6-8 weeks to heal. You did not state it hurt you consistently since then. It is possible it is a new injury. If it hurt since then, then it could of healed abnormally. There is something called a non-union, where the bones don't actually heal in the normal healing pattern. Go see your doc who followed you last time and take new x-rays and compare.
Last updated Apr 24, 2016