what can and cannot eat if i have hyperthyroidism?

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
No food restriction: This is treated medically. There are no foods to help or hurt this condition.

What should I feel if I have hyperthyroidism?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Specializes in Endocrinology
Hyperthyroid: Some symptoms of hyperthyroidism are: feeling nervous, fast heartbeat, weight loss, feeling hot, trouble sleeping, feeling anxious, sweating heavily, muscle weakness, increased appetite, frequent bowel movement...Some hyperthyroid patients will have 1-2 symptoms, some have all of them and some have none of them at all. The only way to know for sure is to get a blood test.
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice 18 years experience
Great answer. Great collaboration. Wishing you'all the very best.
Apr 3, 2012

I have hyperthyroidism and can no longer sing why?

Dr. Giuseppe Barbesino
Not sure: This is not a typical symptom of hyperthyroidism. However there are 2 theoretical explanations on my mind: 1) your hyperthyroidism may make the muscles that move the vocal cords "shaky" as it does with other muscles. If that is the case, then it will return to normal when the hyper is corrected 2) the thyroid may be enlarged to a point that it affects the nerves that control the voice.
Houston, TX

I have hyperthyroidism since 2010 & was never treated. Do I have to get it treated. Can I live on without treatment. Am I in danger with out medicine.?

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Hyperthyroid: You can live without treatment but can have some very serious effects of this disease. It can cause high blood pressure, heart disease, bulging of your eyes which is irreversable( think marty feldman). It can make you jittery, fatigued, lead to lose of muscle mass. It is best to get it treated. See your doctor soon.

The docor told me I have hyperthyroidism, what does that mean?

Dr. Steve Martinez
Breast Surgery 28 years experience
Hormone elevation: Hyperthyroidism is abnormally elevated levels of thyroid hormone. This may cause symptoms of high heart rate, palpitations, sweats, tremors, diarrhea, and heat intolerance.

The doctor told me I have hyperthyroidism, what does that mean?

Dr. Mathew Chengot
Cardiology 43 years experience
Over active thyroid: You need an endocrinologist consult acd care.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016